Youth Office Contact
Director of Youth Ministry
and Religious Education
573.635.9127, ext. 233
573.635.9127, ext. 228
573.635.9127 ext. 226
Alphonse J. Schwartze Catholic Center
2207 West Main St | PO Box 104900
Jefferson City, MO 65110-4900
The Office of Youth Ministry strives to empower young people and those who minister to them to live as disciples of Jesus in the Church and world.
Our approach is comprehensive, understanding that youth ministry works best when the entire parish is involved. The Office of Youth Ministry collaborates with parish leaders to draw youth into a deeper relationship with Jesus, and fuller participation in the life, mission, and ministry of the Church. By supporting parishes in the ministry of welcoming, engaging, and forming youth, and by providing effective resources to adult Youth Leaders, we hope to create communities where needs are met, people are supported, families are strengthened, and Christ is served.
Individual Consultation and Parish Support
Each parish is unique in its history, demographics, charism, and culture. Thus, each parish youth program is unique, and requires an individualized approach in order to grow. Youth ministry leaders know their parish best. By partnering with leaders, the Office of Youth Ministry can tailor resources and target support to serve the unique needs and interests of your parish community.
Please Contact Us to Inquire About:
- Staff Enrichment
- Training, presentations, or workshops related to youth ministry & formation
- Strategic Planning for Ministry
- Meeting with pastoral leadership and your youth team to strategize for ministry
- Parish Talks and Presentations
- Presentations to parents or youth on topics of interest or need
Adult Leader Formation
The Office of Youth Ministry provides adult youth ministry leaders with contemporary, effective and relevant resources to benefit their respective youth ministry programs. We offer a wide array of formation opportunities from workshops, seminars, and individualized consultation. Moreover, we work to build community and fellowship among youth ministry leaders through retreats, spiritual renewal, mentorship opportunities, networking, social media forums. We invite you to get involved!
- Youth Ministry Annual Seminar
- The Youth Ministry Annual Seminar is an opportunity for all those involved in the faith formation of youth to come together for a full-day workshop focused on professional development and youth ministry training. Each year a nationally recognized speaker, expert, or trainer will come to our diocese to provide high quality professional training around a topic of need or interest.
- Youth Ministry Annual Retreat
- Join with your colleagues in ministry from around the diocese for a weekend retreat for youth ministers, catechists, DRE’s and religious educators. The focus of the annual retreat IS NOT professional development or ministry training! The focus will be on community, fellowship, faith sharing, and spiritual renewal.
- Stayin' Connected eNewsletter
- Stayin’ Connected is the monthly eNewsletter for youth ministry and catechetical leaders in the diocese. It contains helpful articles, websites, events, and resources to support your youth ministry and religious education efforts. If you would like to sign up to receive Stayin’ Connected please contact our office.
- Other Workshops & Events
Periodically we organize events to aid you in your youth ministry.
Sign up for our Youth Ministry Events!
- Youth Consent Form Single Page (Spanish)
- Diocese of Jefferson City Youth Consent Form
- Diocese of Jefferson City Medical Form
- Diocese of Jefferson City Adult Consent Form
- Digital/Social Media Policy & Form
- Digital/Social Media Policies
- At-a-glance Social Media Policy
- Adult Consent Forms (Spanish)
- CHRISTpower Volunteer Application
- CHRISTpower Form
- Youth Ministry Consent Forms
While experiencing a thrilling adventure you will learn to be an authentically and passionately Catholic man.
A summer camp experience committed to helping young Catholic women deepen their relationship with God by becoming the woman God is calling them to be.
An authentically Catholic service retreat for high school students to grow in relationship with Christ.
National Catholic Youth Conference
A national, bi-annual experience of prayer and empowerment for Catholic teens.
A high-energy youth conference where teens are invited to encounter Christ through dynamic speakers, the Sacraments, and fellowship.
Teens Encounter Christ
Offers to youth and young adults an opportunity to experience the Paschal Mystery over the course of this 3 day retreat.
A summer Catholic youth program dedicated to sharing the Gospel through catechesis and Eucharistic worship.