Vocations Office Staff
Director of Vocations
Fr. Paul J. Clark
573.635.9127, ext. 260
573.635.9127, ext. 226
Diocese of Jefferson City
Alphonse J. Schwartze Catholic Center
2207 West Main St
Jefferson City, MO 65109-0914
The Diocesan Vocations Office
All Christians are called to service by virtue of their baptism; the call to the specific vocations of priesthood and vowed religious life is the focus of the office for Priestly and Religious Vocations. The call to priesthood and religious life is heard at various ages and circumstances of life; programs for vocation education, awareness and recruitment are offered for children and youth at the grade and high school levels, as well as for men and women at college and adult levels.
God’s call is often incarnated through the words, example, and support of others; help us to awaken the call within those who seem to be called to ordination or vowed religious life.
Below, you can find lenten reflections from Deacon Derek Hooper and seminarian, Gage Nieson.
We serve the Diocese of Jefferson City by:
- Hosting Diocesan and Regional Vocation Events
- Giving talks on Vocations and related topics given to:
- Catholic School Students
- Religious Education Students
- Home & School Groups
- Newman Centers
- Confirmation Classes Various Groups within the Parish (youth/adult)
- Establishing Parish Vocation Committees
We journey with others as they discern their vocation by:
- Guiding young adults and adults who are interested in the possibility of being a brother, sister or priest;
- Providing helpful materials that aid an individual in mature discernment of her/his vocation;
- Providing opportunities for prospective candidates to meet, pray and share with: 1) others who have similar interests, and 2) people who already live the lifestyle they are interested in;
- Connecting people to vocation directors in communities that seem to match their gifts and talents;
- Connecting men interested in diocesan priesthood with the seminaries that the Diocese of Jefferson City uses for academic and spiritual preparation.
For vocations committees, families and parishes to use when promoting vocations.