About St. Louis of France Catholic Curch
St. Louis of France Parish was established in 1905, when Archbishop John Glennon of St. Louis purchased three acres of land for the parish for $6.00. This property covers the entire bluff above the Missouri Pacific Railroad tracks and overlooks the confluence of the Osage and Missouri Rivers. When St. Louis of France was completed, Monsignor Otto Hoog, V.G., dedicated it on July 17, 1906.
The parish school opened in 1916. It was staffed by the Sisters of Divine Providence in 1932, the Ursuline Nuns in 1943, and once again the Divine Providence sisters in 1950, who remained until the school closed in 1966.