Administrator: Rev. Joby Thomas Parakkacharuvil
About St. Lawrence
German immigrants erected a small frame church in old St. Elizabeth in 1870. When the town was relocated, a large frame building dedicated to St. Lawrence served for worship until Bishop Lillis of Leavenworth laid the cornerstone of a new church in 1905 of 400,000 bricks made on the property of clay drawn form a clay pit on church grounds.
Ten years later, a magnificent pipe organ was installed. In 1929 When Fr. Frederick Brauch died, closing 29 years of ministry in St Lawrence, some 80 priests attended his funeral.
The parish celebrated its centennial in 1972 with Bishop Michael McAullife officiating.