Parochial Administrator: Rev. Derek J. Hooper
Deacons: Ronald E. Deimeke
About St. Joseph
Martinsburg was founded on the North Missouri Railroad built by Irish Catholic labor in 1857. The parish was founded in 1860.
The choice of a name for St. Joseph Parish was influenced by the fact that a good number of homesteaders came from St. Joseph Parish in Westphalia, Missouri. The Catholic school that accompanied the church was the foundation of parish life, a value that remains today.