About St. Joseph
The Catholic people of Louisiana built a church in 1850 and had occasional Masses provided by the priest from Milwood. In 1864 the congregation received its first resident pastor and the parish for St. Joseph was formally established in 1865.
The present church was dedicated in 1874. The original tall steeple was burned in a fire in 1915 and in falling, caused the rectory to catch fire as well. The rectory was replaced, but not the steeple.
Parish History was taken from Proclaiming the Good News in the Heart of Missouri written by Loretta Pastva, SND.
Sunday: 8:30 AM; Spanish Sunday celebrations in the absence of a priest are held on the first and third Sunday of the month at 3:00 PM.