About St. Boniface
Fr. John Hogan began the first parish in Brunswick by renting the old City Hall, later building a frame church on a hill overlooking the surrounding territory. The parish was placed in the charge of the Franciscan Friars.
By 1901 the frame church was too small and lots were purchased to the south of the church site. The ground was broken for the 90-by-17-foot pressed brick and stone structure that continues to serve the parish today. It was dedicated on October 26, 1902, by Bishop Maurice Burke of St. Joseph.