Pastor: Rev. Daniel Vacca
Deacons: Stan Buczko, Richard Von Gunten (Ret.)
About St. Anthony Catholic Church
The first church building in Camdenton was an army Chapel purchased from Camp Crowder, Neosho, Missouri in 1948. After being moved to its new location to serve the small community, it was dedicated by Bishop Joseph M. Marling, Auxiliary Bishop of Kansas City, on May 30, 1948.
As the community grew and tourism increased around the Lake of the Ozarks, a new church was built in the early 1970s. Its membership expanded and a new rectory was completed in 1979, though it was destroyed by fire in 1987.
In the 1990s with tourism increasing, it became apparent that further expansion was necessary. At this time 75 acres on the north side of Camedonton were purchased and on it was constructed the beautiful, new church dedicated by Bishop John R. Gaydos on June 13, 2000.