About St. Aloysius
In the late 1800s, the post-Civil War westward expansion carried a host of Catholic who found a home in Baring, a thriving railroad community. As it flourished, the need for a Catholic Church became obvious.
On July 10, 1983 Archbishop of St. Louis, Peter Kenrick, acquired the land and with the help of the Catholic Church Extension Soceit, St. Aloysius Church was built. On November 13, 1893, Bishop John J. Kain dedicated the new church: St. Aloysius Gonzaga.
In 1922 the church was expanded to a seating capacity of 450. In 1926 a brick veneer was added to the exterior along with stained glass windows. The parish hall was constructed in 1940, and the Grotto of the Immaculate Conception was built from porous rock in 1955.