About Shrine of St. Patrick
St. Patrick began as a simple log church in the southern portion of Clark County in 1834 and was served by Jesuits until 1846 when a resident pastor was named. A brick church was built in 1860 but was later replaced by a frame church in 1903.
When Fr. Francis O'Duignan came to the parish, he was the driving force behind the building of the current Shrine of St. Patrick, which was dedicated on March 17, 1957. The Shrine is famous for its Celtic architectural style and for its stained-glass windows made in Dublin, Ireland.
A yearly festival is held at the Shrine on March 17, the feast of St. Patrick, and there is a long-held tradition of a Fourth of July gathering that continues to this day.
Parish History was taken from Proclaiming the Good News in the Heart of Missouri written by Loretta Pastva, SND.
Sat 5:00 PM