Parish Life Collaborator: Sr. Jane Weisgram, SSND
Canonical Administrator: Rev. Robert H. Fields
About Queen of Peace
Queen of Peace in Ewing, Missouri originated as far back as 1868 when visiting priests would occasionally celebrate the Mass and the sacraments.
The official beginning of the parish was in 1887, in a caboose of all places! The name Queen of Peace was adopted in 1919 when the second church building was dedicated. The present, third, building dates from 1958.
This parish has the distinction of having been served briefly by the first black priest in the United States, Father Augustine Tolton/ He sang the Mass at the laying of the church cornerstone on May 31, 1889 and ministered there in later years.