A comprehensive approach serving youth, pastoral leaders, and parish communities in the Diocese of Jefferson City
The Office of Youth Ministry strives to empower young people and those who minister to them to live as disciples of Jesus in the Church and world.
Our approach is comprehensive, understanding that youth ministry works best when the entire parish is involved. Using the framework outlined in the 1997 document, Renewing the Vision, the Office of Youth Ministry collaborates with parish leaders to draw youth into a deeper relationship with Jesus, and fuller participation in the life, mission, and ministry of the Church. By supporting parishes in the ministry of welcoming, engaging, and forming youth, and by providing effective resources to adult Youth Leaders, we hope to create communities where needs are met, people are supported, families are strengthened, and Christ is served.
We work to enact this philosophy by:
- Coordinating Diocesan-wide youth ministry efforts in the form of retreats, camps, conferences, service trips and special events to serve parish youth.
- Organizing workshops, training, and formation opportunities for adult youth ministry leaders
- Facilitating retreats, prayer experiences, social networking forums, and fellowship opportunities for adult youth ministry leaders
- Providing adult youth ministry leaders with contemporary, effective and relevant resources to benefit their respective youth ministry programs.
- Offering individualized support to adult youth ministry leaders through mentoring and personal consultation services
- Consult with parishes and aid parish communities in moving towards a comprehensive youth ministry program.
We invite you to learn more about our dynamic programs!
Coordinator of Youth Ministry