Forms for Download: Due to Jose Lopez along with the $100 deposit by Wednesday, May 17th
- NCYC and Diocesan forms (adult/youth waivers, t-shirt order form, hotel room assignments)
- CYFUSA Financial Assistance Form and fundraising ideas
For questions or to request more information please email Jose Lopez, Diocesan Events Coordinator and NCYC Diocesan Group Delegation Leader or call 573-635-9127 x221. Or contact John DeLaporte, Coordinator of Youth Ministry at 573-635-9127 x233.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is NCYC?
- The National Catholic Youth Conference is a powerful, biennial, three-day experience of prayer, community, and empowerment for Catholic teenagers (of high school age) and their adult chaperones. More than 23,000 young people and their chaperones attended NCYC 2015 in Indianapolis. The 2017 National Catholic Youth Conference is November 16-19, back in Indianapolis, with the theme Called/Llamados. NCYC is organized by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM).
What will we do at the conference?
- The program includes keynote presentations, prayer, workshops, Mass, and opportunities to participate in reconciliation and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, as well as recreational activities, concerts, and exhibits. A key component of NCYC is the thematic park which is a blend of traditional exhibit booths with interactive areas featuring service projects, games, recreation, live musical performances, arts, and sports.
What role does the Diocese play?
- Individual parishes attend NCYC through their dioceses. The Diocese collects all registration forms and payments and submits them to NFCYM. The Diocese will also arrange all transportation, lodging, and registration needs for the event.
How much does it cost?
- The cost has been set at $550 per person. This will cover transportation, lodging, conference registration, and Diocesan t-shirts and traders. It will not include any meals such as continental breakfast or driver/housekeeper tips. This price is slightly higher than 2 years ago given the higher cost of our hotel accommodations and increased NCYC registration fees.
- A $100, non-refundable deposit, per person is due Wednesday, May 17. Send one check per parish group. Your final payment is due Friday, August 11. Please respect these deadlines as we have deadlines with the NFCYM.
- If you would like to apply for financial aid through the Catholic Youth Foundation please download the application and instructions here. There are also some helpful fundraising ideas for your parish. I highly encourage you to consider submitting an application to CYFUSA particularly if you have youth from diverse cultural backgrounds or who are experiencing economic hardship.
Where will we stay?
- We have been assigned the Omni Severin Hotel located at 40 W. Jackson Place, Indianapolis, IN 46225 (317-369-3648). The Omni is located in downtown Indianapolis only a short walk from the conference center and Lucas Oil Stadium. Please visit the Omni Severin Hotel website for information regarding our accommodations.
How do we get there and back?
- The diocese will arrange for coach bus transportation to and from Indianapolis. Buses will pick up groups at designated pick-up locations in the north, central, and southern part of the diocese as needed. We will depart very early on Thursday morning and travel approximately 6-7 hours directly to our hotel. We will depart Sunday morning and return to your drop-off location by Sunday afternoon. A detailed travel itinerary will be provided as the trip approaches.