Administrator: Rev. David A. Means
Deacon: Robert R. Schowengerdt
About Most Pure Heart of Mary Church
Most Pure Heart of Mary parish was formed in 1865 in Chamois. Long before the town was established, Fr. Ferdinand Helias, SJ, visited the area. A former store building served as the first church and was blessed in 1871.
From 1875 to 1908 the parish had no resident priest but was attended by the Franciscan Fathers from Hermann, Missouri.
A new church was dedicated on May 30, 1912, and remodeled in 1980.