About St. Vincent de Paul
The seed of a Catholic presence in Owensville can be traced to the apostolic work of Jesuit Father P.J. Verhagen in 1830. However, it was under the guidance of another dedicated Jesuit priest, Father Alex Mathuasheck, that two immigrant communities (Polish and Bohemian) agree to establish a Catholic parish under the patronage of Mary of the Immaculate Conception in 1892.
The current church was built and dedicated on May 14, 1950. A new parish building in 1985 assured the continuation of the Catholic faith in the area.