Pastor: Rev. Daniel Lueckenotte
Pastor Minister: Sr. Karen Thein, SSND
Deacon: Michael S. Brooks & Earl R. Horsefield (Ret.)
About Holy Cross
The first Holy Cross Catholic Church was erected in Cuba, Missouri in 1880. In 1924 the first permanent pastor Fr. Curtis J. Hornsey purchased the Haskell Manor and the 10 adjoining acres. The Manor became the convent of the School Sisters of Notre Dame and the first Catholic elementary school between Pacific and Springfield in 1928.
In 1936-37 the current fieldstone church was built. In 1940 the present rectory was also built of fieldstone just east of the church, and in 1952 the new rock Holy Cross School and Parish Hall were built. In 2004 another addition was completed on the school with four new spacious, bright classrooms and a large entry foyer.