Fun ‘n Faith Family Conference, 2017
A day to play, pray, and grow as a family of God
Sunday, September 17 from 10:30 – 5
Our Lady of Lourdes Parish and School, Columbia MO
Free event. Come and go as you wish.
Please join with youth and families from across the Diocese for the bi-annual Fun n’ Faith Family Conference. The Fun n’ Faith Family Conference is an event dedicated to helping families grow in their Catholic faith. The day is filled with a variety of activities, prayer experiences, and learning opportunities relevant to youth and families of all ages and stages. Whether you stay for a few hours or the whole day, all participants will be enriched by this valuable experience.
The Conference Schedule at a Glance:
- 10:30 Doors Open, Exhibition Hall Open
- 11:30 Opening Mass with Lourdes Community
- 12:30 Lunch, Exhibition Hall, Activities
- 1:30 Keynote Presentation: APeX Ministries
- 2:30 Breakout Sessions, Adoration, Reconciliation, Exhibition Hall, KOC Clowns, and more!
- 4:30 Closing Prayer, APeX Ministries
- 5:00 Conference ends
Keynote: APeX Ministries
APeX Ministries (aka Gene and Brad) is an internationally known comedy duo based out of Brooklyn, NY and Aurora , CO. Since 1996 they have traveled North America using a style they define as Christian Vaudeville. This includes death defying juggling, sketch comedy, and personal testimony. In other words, they are evangelists, they throw things at each other, and they are funny. Gene hopes one day to compete in the Olympics as a solo synchronized swimmer. Brad is very strong!
- Being Family in the Digital Age: Stories and Strategies for Navigating Technology and Social Media in the Home
- Faith Formation in the Family: How to Cultivate Strong Catholic Faith Within the Home
- Who am I Called to Be?: Discerning God’s Plan through High School and Beyond
- Staying Faithful During Difficult Times: How to Navigate the Trials and Losses of Life as Catholics and as a Family
- “When I was a Stranger You Welcomed Me”: Our Catholic Response to Migrant and Refugee Families
- The Parish as Family: How to Attract, Engage and Retain Families in Parish Life
- The Foundation and the Future: Exploring the Role of Elders in Family and Parish Life
- APeX Ministries Special Session for 6-9th Graders!
Other Activities Include:
- Mass and reconciliation
- XLT Adoration provided by the Dcn. Tyler McClay Band
- Exhibition hall showcasing ministries and Catholic organizations from around our Diocese
- Food and Drinks available
- The Knights of Columbus Clown Club and local jugglers and magicians
- Free childcare services
Full Conference Brochure Coming Soon!
Download Posters Here:
For more information please contact Jose Lopez, Events Coordinator, at gro.y1506274266ticff1506274266ejoid1506274266@zepo1506274266lj1506274266 x221.