Decree of Appointments
The Most Reverend W. Shawn McKnight, Bishop of Jefferson City, hereby makes the following appointments to provide the most effective pastoral care of the Diocese of Jefferson City:
- REVEREND MONSIGNOR GREGORY L. HIGLEY, acknowledging with gratitude the completion of his term of office as Judicial Vicar upon the expiration of the dispensation granted by the Apostolic Signatura as of 6 October 2023, continuing as Judge in the Tribunal of the Diocese of Jefferson City and Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish, Columbia.
- VERY REVEREND ROBERTO M. IKE, PhD, granting his request for a sabbatical with Lincoln University and a leave of absence from all diocesan service, effective 9 October 2023 and until January 2024, at which time he will resume his duties as Dean of Mission Priests and receive a new parish assignment.
- REVEREND CESAR ANICAMA, from Associate Pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Pettis County, to Associate Pastor of Mary Immaculate Parish, Kirksville, with sacramental ministry at St. Mary Parish, Milan and the Mission of St. Mary, Unionville, effective 16 October 2023.
- REVEREND BRAD T. BERHORST, JCL, from Adjutant Judicial Vicar to Judicial Vicar for a term of 3 years, effective 7 October 2023; and from Associate Pastor of St. Peter Parish, Jefferson City to Associate Pastor of St. Vincent de Paul Parish, Pettis County, continuing as the Bishop’s Master of Ceremonies, effective 16 October 2023.
- REVEREND SIMEON A. ETONU, to temporary Parochial Administrator of St. Andrew Parish, Holts Summit, continuing as Advocate in the Tribunal of the Diocese of Jefferson City, effective 9 October 2023.
Given at the Chancery in Jefferson City this 7th day of September in the Year of our Lord 2023.