DRE/Youth Minister, St. Joseph, Palmyra, MO – Full or Part-time￼
St. Joseph Church in Palmyra, Missouri, is accepting applications for a DRE/Youth Minister. Key responsibilities include:
· Responsible for assisting the pastor in the responsibility for the Catholic faith formation for parish youth and adults
· Implements the Bishop’s confirmation preparation policy
· Organizes, schedules and oversees religious education in the parish
· Administers a formation program for catechists that leads to certification and tracks completion
· In cooperation with Diocesan Director of Religious Education and Youth Minister, orders approved textbooks, liturgy materials and other works that complement the religious education efforts of the parish
· Provides resources and programs for adult formation
· Working with the pastor, the director will assess the needs of parish youth and organize volunteers to help meet their needs
Bachelor’s degree in theology or religious education is preferred.
This position is flexible and may be offered at either a part-time or full-time status. Group insurance benefits are available for full-time employees (30 hours a week). The pastor is also open to the possibility of two part-time candidates. If you are interested in the position, please apply on Indeed.com or send your resume directly to Fr. Alex Gabriel, St. Joseph Parish, 400 S. Lane St, Palmyra, MO 63461.