Diocesan Commission 2023 Synod of Bishops on Synodality
Diocesan Commission for the Diocesan Phase of the 2023 Synod of Bishops on Synodality
I hereby establish for the Diocese of Jefferson City the Commission for the Diocesan Phase of the 2023 Synod of Bishops on Synodality, which will be responsible for recommending a process of consultation to the Diocesan Bishop, for implementing the process as determined by him, and for drafting the diocesan report for submission to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops in April 2022.
The following persons are appointed, effective immediately, to the Commission for the Diocesan Phase of the 2023 Synod of Bishops:
- Mrs. Helen Osman, Director of Communications and Chair of the Commission
- Deacon Enrique Castro, Executive Director of the Faith Formation Department
- The Very Reverend Jason T. Doke, Moderator of the Curia
- Mrs. LeAnn Korsmeyer, Director of Parish and Charitable Services
- Mr. Benjamin Roodhouse, Director of Canonical Services
- Sr. Kathleen Wegman, SSND, Bishop’s Delegate for Religious
This commission will collaborate with the Diocesan Contact Person, Mrs. Helen Osman, in the preparation and execution of the diocesan phase of the synodal consultation for the 2023 Synod of Bishops. After reviewing the vademecum issued by the Secretariat for the Synod of Bishops, I have determined that all of these commission members possess the required qualities and abilities.
Given at the Chancery of the Diocese of Jefferson City on this 15th day of September, the Memorial of Our Lady of Sorrows, of the Year of St. Joseph in the Year of our Lord 2021.
Msgr. Marion Makarewicz as dean of the North Deanery, effective June 7, 2022.