8 June 2020
Parish Pastoral Plans
All discernment reports should be submitted to pastors at this time. Pastors and parish pastoral councils can begin reviewing the discernernment reports and developing their pastoral plans. Resources have been emailed to pastors and presidents of parish pastoral councils. If you need additional assistance, please contact LeAnn Kormeyer at 573-635-9127.
If you intend to come to the Chancery office in person, you must have an appointment in advance with the person you intend to meet. Please note the Chancery will be screening all guests with a health questionnaire and temperature check. This is for the safety of all.
NPM Virtual Convention
The 43rd annual convention of the National Pastoral Musicians (NPM) will be held July 7-10 virtually. A full schedule, registration details and more are available at https://npm.org/43rd-annual-convention/. Click on this link for a preview of the format!
Resources during COVID-19
As our parishes begin the process of reopening our churches for public, in-person Masses and other activities, the following resources are intended to assist parishes in returning safely to publc worship:
- Detailed instructions on the celebration of the sacraments
- Frequently Asked Questions – can be used in digital communications, pulpit announcements, signs, etc.
- Welcome people – can be used as pulpit announcements, on signs, in newsletters, etc. (please modify as needed)
- Communion instructions – can be used as pulpit announcements, on signs, in newsletters, etc. (please modify as needed)
There could be city and county ordinances still in effect that could further restrict or limit church services in person. All pastors, administrator and parish life collaborators are obliged to follow the requirements of legitimate state authorities with regard to the pandemic.
All of our resources can be found at www.diojeffcity.org/public-health. Most are in Spanish and English. Remember, the most reliable source of information is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The diocesan website is now able to accept donations for all parishes in our diocese. If your parish does not have the capacity to receive online donations, please let your parishioners know about this option. They can donate using this URL: https://diojeffcity.org/support-parish/.
We can help parishes establish online giving forms which can be used on the parish website. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the conversation.
To share in emails, social media, and websites
Connect your college-bound seniors with a Newman Center next year!
Newman Connection is an online resource to help high school seniors connect to the Newman Center serving their college campus. Newman Centers rely heavily on their affiliation with Newman Connection for support in evangelizing to the incoming class of students. Click here for digital materials for parishes and schools to use to help connect your seniors to a Newman Center next year. Or, share this sign-up page with your high school seniors and they can sign themselves up to connect with a Newman Center at their college or university.
Stay-at-Home FertilityCare Instruction
FertilityCare Instruction continues to be offered by Zoom. The Introductory Session is always complimentary and follow-up fees have been waived until June 1. This class is of interest for marriage preparation, infertility, medical applications, regular or irregular cycles, breastfeeding and fertility appreciation from adolescence to menopause. Contact FerilityCare of Columbia, Phyllis A. White, CFCE 816-550-8789 or FertilityCare.CoMo@gmail.com
There are several openings in our Catholic schools. Please promote these openings.
Annunciation Parish in California is seeking a director of religious education and youth ministry. For more information, visit https://diojeffcity.org/california-dre-youth-job-opening
Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri has an immediate opening for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Disaster Case Manager. Disaster Case Management is a time-limited process by which a skilled Disaster Case Manager partners with a disaster-affected individual or family (Client) in order to plan for and achieve realistic goals for recovery following a natural disaster (including COVID-19/Coronavirus). This comprehensive and holistic Disaster Case Management approach to recovery extends beyond providing relief, providing a service, or meeting urgent needs.For a full job description visit the Catholic Charities website at: https://cccnmo.diojeffcity.org/about-us/careers/. To apply please submit cover letter and resume to Alissa Marlow, Director of Community Services.
Parishes are asked to use this form to send any updates of their parishioners: address changes, marriages, divorces, death, etc.
- As of April 27, the Chancery is no longer using PO Box 104900. Please address all correspondence to the street address 2207 W. Main, Jefferson City, MO 65109. The Post Office will forward mail from the PO box to the street address for up to one year, but the forwarding process will slow your delivery. Please begin using the street address immediately.
- Parishes are asked to publish in their bulletins the need for relief parents at St. Nicholas Academy. You can find the listing here.
- Please consider posting this helpful information for your parishioners on how to identify email and text scams.
- In the interest of time and accuracy, The Catholic Missourian has moved to a simple online process for submitting events for the Things to Do page. To have an event considered for publication in Things to Do and in the diocesan online events calendar, go to diojeffcity.org/event-listing and follow the directions. The process is straightforward and user-friendly. Events submitted for display advertising will be automatically included in Things to Do, as will items that have been previously submitted.
Please feel free to disseminate the information in the “Monday Morning Memo” to a broader audience, such as parishioners and school families! Is there someone else who should receive this Weekly Memo? Please encourage them to sign up here!