Director of Parish Religious Education and Youth Ministry – Annunciation Parish, California MO
Reports to: Pastor and is supported by Religious Education and Family Life Committees.
The Director of Religious Education and Youth Ministry will have a heart for sharing the “Good News” and helping people grow as disciples of Jesus Christ and his Church. The Director will build and administer a total parish catechetical and youth ministry program and assist the parish community in building a solid foundation for adult spirituality, Christian living, ministry and outreach for the 300 household membership of Annunciation Catholic Church in California, Missouri.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design catechetical programs which support lifelong practice of the faith.
- Assesses parish needs
- Articulates a vision for Religious Education and Youth Ministry
- Designs programs that meet the needs of the parish
- Build the Religious Ed and Youth Ministry programs
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate program ministers
- Secure materials needed for programs.
- Prepare/monitor budgets for programs
- Lead a Youth Ministry Team that engages the hearts of our youth in experiences like youth rallies, mission trips, retreats and social events.
- Implement the Diocesan Safe Environment Program
- Attend meetings as needed and directed by the Pastor
- Provide administrative support to the volunteer coordinators of:
- First Reconciliation Preparation
- First Communion Preparation
- Confirmation Preparation
- Elementary Religious Education Classes
- Middle school and High School Religious Ed. Classes
- Vacation Bible School
- Our first priority is a person with a heart for youth ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience as a Catechist and Youth Minister preferred
- Ability to work with a diversity of youth and adults.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage multiple priorities, and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Familiarity and conformity with the guidelines and policies of the Diocese of Jefferson City
Salary & Benefits: Salary and benefits are negotiable depending upon education, experience and hours of work.
Contact: Fr. Alexander Gabriel at email@example.com