Update for summer marriage preparation courses
The coronavirus pandemic will affect marriage preparation within the coming months, especially for those couples who were planning to attend a conference or a retreat as part of their marriage preparation.
The July 25 Pre-Cana conference has been cancelled. Registered couples have been contacted and instructed to talk with their priest or deacon about other options.
Options available to couples preparing for marriage include:
- Diocesan Pre-Cana Conference, Oct. 3. Online registration and more information about the conference at https://diojeffcity.org/marriage-preparation/pre-cana-registration/
- Local Engaged Encounter Weekend, Aug. 7-9. Online registration and more information is available at https://diojeffcity.org/marriage-preparation/engaged-encounter/
- Online Pre-Cana Marriage Prep Classes (English and Spanish): https://catholicmarriageprepclass.com/
- CATHOLIC MARRIAGE PREP Online Marriage Preparation courses (English and Spanish): https://www.agapecatholicministries.com/marriage-prep/146-marriage-prep
- BELOVED Marriage Preparation Program (English and Spanish) available on DVD at https://www.lighthousecatholicmedia.org/beloved or online through FORMED.ORG or FORMED at https://formed.org/
- JOINED BY GRACE marriage preparation program (English only): https://www.avemariapress.com/product/JBG-STARTER/Joined-by-Grace-Starter-Pack/
- Live, online Natural Family Planning courses:
- For Creighton Model FertilityCare System (English only) contact Phillis White at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-550-8789.
- For Couple to Couple League (English and Spanish) go to https://ccli.org/main-course-descriptions/#self-paced-online-class
- For Familia de las Américas (English and Spanish) contact the Office of Hispanic Ministry at email@example.com
For more information, contact Deacon Enrique Castro, director of Hispanic, Intercultural and Marriage Ministries.