Marriage preparation during a pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has affected marriage preparation this year, especially for those couples who were planning to attend a local conference, encounter, retreat or NFP class as part of their marriage preparation.
Couples are encouraged to talk with their priest or deacon about other possible options. Options available to couples preparing for marriage this year include:
- Online Pre-Cana Marriage Prep Classes (English and Spanish)
- Catholic Marriage Prep is an online marriage preparation course (English and Spanish)
- BELOVED Marriage Preparation Program (English and Spanish) can be ordered as a DVD or it can be viewed at FORMED.org
- Joined by Grace marriage preparation program (English only)
- Live and virtual Natural Family Planning courses:
A process and policy for marriage preparation for our diocese is coming soon! Trainings for deacons, priests and the laity involved in marriage preparation will be available early next year. Until then, parishes can use any of the online resources listed above or continue to use the resources that you have been using up to now.
For more information, contact Deacon Enrique Castro, director of Hispanic, Intercultural and Marriage Ministries.