What you can do to stay healthy in flu season
- Know the facts. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- Take everyday actions to stay healthy.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or into your sleeve if you do not have a tissue available. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Stay home if you get sick or are running a fever. CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
- Get vaccinated. Vaccination is the best protection we have against flu.
Source: Centers for Disease Control (http://www.cdc.gov)