28 October 2019
The Rite of Election will be celebrated on the first Sunday of Lent, March 1, 2020, at 3 p.m. Parishes are asked to complete this participation form by Dec. 2, regardless if anyone from your parish is joining the Church this year.
Promotional material for the Catholic Stewardship Appeal 2020 is now available online.
As a reminder:
- Bishop’s prayer intention for November
- Breaking the Silence of Abuse – resources for bulletins and web. Also, please publicize upcoming Protecting God’s Children (Virtus) workshops.
The Chancery office will be closed on Friday, Nov. 1, for the feast of All Saints.
Online updating for The Official Catholic Directory, 2020 Edition has begun. An email was sent to the OCD contact person of your parish/organization at the beginning of this month. We kindly ask that you carefully review, update, and submit your listing before Nov. 4.
- Please visit ocdedits.com/login to review and update your organization’s information; be sure to review the information under each Sub-Organization if applicable.
- Can’t remember your password? There is a password reset button which will send a link to your email so you can change your password.
- There are brief video tutorials posted on the site to guide new users on how to access, navigate, and utilize the system.
- The deadline for completing your updates and submitting your information is Nov. 4.
If you have questions or problems making your updates, please contact Bernadette Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-635-9127, x236.
Catholic Charities of Central & Northern Missouri is seeking a dynamic leader to join our team and help us build our Food & Nutrition Services program! We are in the planning stages for a new food pantry in our community, and we are looking for an energetic, experienced, committed team player to assist us with the development, implementation, and ongoing management of this new project. Visit https://cccnmo.org/about/careers/ for more information and to apply.
The Catholic Missourian plans to publish an article in its Nov. 29 print edition about creative ways parishes are promoting “A Steward’s Way,” the Advent small-group program which Bishop McKnight is encouraging Catholics in the Diocese to participate. If your parish plans to show some splash and innovation in inviting people to this experience, please contact Jay Nies at email@example.com. Promotional material is available on the diocesan website, in English and Spanish.
St. Patrick in Laurie has office dividers available for free, but the recipient must take all: 24 panels with most of the hardware; 65 ¾” tall and widths of 2’ to 5’ and one rounded corner panel. They also have 43 white choir robes, ranging in sizes from 8 to 59 with a zipper closure. They are free, but donation gladly accepted and appreciated. Contact the parish office between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. at 573-374-7855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retiro de Crecimiento: Después de haber vivido tu Retiro de Inicio, el Grupo de Oración San Pedro te invita a vivir una experiencia de crecimiento y encuentro con Jesús para renovar tu compromiso e iniciarte en el servicio de nuestra Iglesia. ¡Te esperamos! Contacto: Marcelino Chavez 660-815-0179 y Fidel Perez 660-815-2586.
As a reminder:
- Parishes are asked to publish in their bulletins the need for relief parents at St. Nicholas Academy. You can find the listing here.
- How to identify email and text scams.
- In the interest of time and accuracy, The Catholic Missourian has moved to a simple online process for submitting events for the Things to Do page. To have an event considered for publication in Things to Do and in the diocesan online events calendar, go to diojeffcity.org/event-listing and follow the directions. The process is straightforward and user-friendly. Events submitted for display advertising will be automatically included in Things to Do, as will items that have been previously submitted.
Please consider promoting these events in your bulletins, other print publications, on your website and in other digital sites. Please use the description in our online event page (links provided for each event) for your print products. You may find more events on our diocesan website.
Protecting God’s Children workshops
The Catholic Church in the United States is committed to providing safe environments in all of our ministries and activities, especially those involving children and youth. One aspect of our commitment is that anyone who works with minors in our parishes, schools and other Catholic organizations in the Diocese of Jefferson City receive training. For a full list of trainings currently available, please visit our Virtus site and select “Jefferson City, MO (Diocese),” or go to our Events page and filter by “Protecting God’s Children.”
If someone in your parish or you are interested in becoming a NFP teacher through the Family of the Americas Foundation, which teaches a simple, effective, and scientific-based natural method to postpone or achieve pregnancies, contact the Marriage Ministries Office at 573-635-9127 as soon as possible. A teacher training is scheduled for Nov. 8-10.
The new diocesan Women’s Ministry has lots going on, including a virtual book club for young women (see graphic above)! Please consider reviewing its calendar of events and promote events in your area!