Director of Stewardship
The Diocese of Jefferson City is seeking a practicing Catholic with a knowledge of Catholic teaching and a personal commitment to a life of grateful giving to serve as the diocesan Director of Stewardship, a new position for the Diocese. This person will be responsible for implementing the Bishop’s vision of the spirituality of stewardship throughout the Diocese of Jefferson City, which covers 38 counties in central and northeastern Missouri. He/she will work closely with the mission advancement team and other chancery staff to promote a culture of stewardship in the parishes. This will be accomplished through the annual stewardship renewal process to foster the active participation of the faithful in the mission of the Church and the biblical practice of tithing to the parish.
- Developing a diocesan-wide vision incorporating principles of stewardship and educates pastors, deacons and parishioners on this vision.
- Creating and implementing a tithing model for parishes.
- Coordinating the Catholic Stewardship Appeal as the diocese transitions from it to a tithing model.
- Communicating stewardship programs and activities to pastors and parishioners.
- Developing and maintaining procedures for the recruitment, placement, and greater involvement of parish members for all parish events, programs, and committee work.
- Working with parishes to develop reports on time, talent and treasure to parish members and helping assess their needs.
This individual must reside within the Diocese of Jefferson City, have a minimum of five years (preferable) of experience related to diocesan and/or parish stewardship, have experience in volunteer recruitment, cultivating, and recognition, and in events planning and management.
The successful candidate will have a master’s degree or equivalent experience with a willingness to participate in continuing stewardship education; be motivated, team-oriented, and flexible, with above average organizational skills.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to develop relationships with pastors and communicate effectively with parishioners; to lead others with positive impact; strong verbal and written communication skills; a welcoming professional presence; good general knowledge of diocesan operations, policies and services; competency in Microsoft Office and Blackbaud; and a familiarity with using social media in stewardship practices.
Spanish fluency not required but an asset. This position requires substantial travel throughout the 38 counties in the Diocese of Jefferson City and the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
A letter of inquiry with three references and resume may be sent to Msgr. Robert Kurwicki, Vicar General, at email@example.com or P.O. Box 104900, Jefferson City, MO 65110-4900. Phone inquires will not be accepted.