Administrator: Rev. David A. Means
Deacons: Robert R. Schowengerdt
About Assumption Parish
In 1853, a priest from Hermann began visiting a few families near Gasconade. It was later decided to build a new church at Morrison as most of the parishioners lived in and around that area.
Assumption Church in Morrison was dedicated on August 28, 1875. The present church building served as a school from 1958 when it was built, until 1964 when the school closed.
In 1970, the building was converted into the present parish church. In the flood of 1993, the church was inundated by flash flood water. It was completely remodeled and rededicated in August 1994.