Job Title: Administrative Assistant—Faith Formation
Accountable To: Directors of the Faith Formation Department
Under the supervision of the directors, the administrative assistant provides clerical and office support to the Faith Formation Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consistent with the vision and mission of the Diocese of Jefferson City, contributes to a positive and healthy work environment for the staff and the Catholic Center.
- Performs a wide variety of secretarial and administrative duties as required by daily operations in the department.
- Coordinates office activities and schedules; develops and recommends office procedures; ensures smooth office operations.
- Coordinates office mailings; answers all incoming calls; receives visitors and answers routine questions.
- Processes payment invoices, check requests, deposits; purchases orders (resources, food, etc.).
- Coordinates and manages details, including registration, reservation of spaces and travel arrangements, evaluations, notifications to parishes, for department related events (i.e. conferences, workshops, retreats).
- Prepares for and provides administrative support for designated meetings and department related events. Attends when needed.
- Provides translation support upon request.
- Coordinates with the department directors and the Office of Communication regarding the creation and distribution of promotional materials specific to department related events.
- Manages email groups to distribute information, reminders, promotional materials or monthly newsletters.
- Maintains files and records related to faith formation and certification programs for catechists, DRE’s and teachers in Diocesan Catholic Schools.
- Maintains address lists, files, and appropriate records.
- Maintains and updates website page and Facebook page (e.g. posting articles, events, pictures, etc.).
- Collaborates with the Events Coordinator on department related events as needed.
- When needed, is present to oversee and execute diocesan related events.
- Provides back-up relief for receptionist if requested/needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Creates a folder outlining and describing the aforementioned duties and responsibilities and updates it regularly (at least semi-annually)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and able to multi-task.
- Takes initiative.
- Creative and self-motivated.
- Detail oriented.
- Fluent in Spanish and English—oral, reading and writing.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and social media, as needed for this position.
Applicants must send a cover letter, non-teaching employment application and resume to gro.y1550579004ticff1550579004ejoid1550579004@airu1550579004cm1550579004. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.