The Office of Finance Office is directly responsible to the Bishop of the Diocese and the Diocesan Finance Council. The Chief Financial Officer, appointed by the bishop, assumes the responsibilities of financial administrator of the diocese under Canon 494.
The office oversees the finance, accounting, financial reporting, treasury and risk management functions for the diocese and diocesan level entities. The office also is responsible for the development and implementation of fiscal policy relating to parishes and schools of the diocese in consultation with the Bishop and the Diocesan Finance Council.
Diocesan Level Entities
- Catholic Diocese of Jefferson City Chancery Office – While the Diocese comprises 113 parishes, missions and shrines in 38 counties in the state of Missouri, the Chancery Office represents the central operations
- Catholic Diocese of Jefferson City Fund – Irrevocable charitable trust established in 2005 to hold and invest contributions and deposits from the Diocese, parishes and diocesan organizations. The fund effectively acts similar to a credit union for its participating organizations accepting deposits and making loans.
- Diocesan Excellence in Education Fund – Founded in 1989, this Fund was established to acquire and provide funds to assist parish and inter-parish schools in providing salaries for professional educators by making grants to schools from investment earnings.
- Priest Mutual Benefit Society of the Diocese of Jefferson City – Noncontributory defined benefit plan established in 1988 to provide retirement and health insurance benefits exclusively for priests of the Diocese of Jefferson City.
- Jubilee Retirement Trust Fund – Established in 2008 to provide support to the Diocese and contributing entities to assist them in providing for the retirement needs of the lay employees and deacons covered under the Diocese’s tax deferred annuity plan. The fund provides for 1/3 of the annual contribution parishes and entities make on behalf of their employees and a matching contribution for any elective deferrals made by the employees.
Policies, Procedures and Forms
Diocesan Financial Reports
2207 West Main St, PO Box 104900
Jefferson City, MO 65110-4900
Deacon Joseph Braddock, CPA, CGMA
Chief Financial Officer
Mrs. Kathy Smith
Mrs. Sharon McQueen
Mrs. Debbie Stansbury,
Mrs. Gala Wolfmeier